Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculation of input impedance in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taherinia

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I want to calculate impedance in ADS with s parameter simulation in a special frequency but this simulation show input impedance vs different frequency. my circuit is designed with transistors and lumped elements .

how can calculate impedance in ADS in a special frequency?

ADS will always calculate results including s-parameters or Zin at each frequency defined for the sweep plan in the simulation controls. If you want to calculate such data at a different point that is not in the current frequency sweep then you can add the additional single frequency point if required. Instead of using the frequency sweep in the s-parameter simulation controller itself instead point it to a Sweep Plan element that you place separately in the schematic. Then you can define your regular sweep plan values as a linear or log sweep as normal but then you can also add a single point at your 'special' frequency. The simulation will then calculate values at all points listed in the sxwept plan and the single point.

SweepPlan.png

thanks
voltage source is changed its value in defined frequency so bias is changed and impedance change i want to plot impedance vs voltage in defined frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.