Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculating voltage at base

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamit4

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello:

what would the Voltage at point "E"? How would i calculate voltage at point "E"?

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Resistor divider, presuming there is no current flow in / out
of the off-page branch.

Thanks dick_freebird for your input.

Assume the off page branch is not connected to anything. here the modified image.

thanksCapture.PNG

Base voltage: 0.6V
Current: (3.3 - 0.6)/11K = 245uA
Voltage at E: 0.6V + 245uA * 1K = 0.845V

Reactions: aamit4

aamit4

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You do not show the part number for the transistor for us to look at its datasheet. If it is a 2N3904 transistor then its saturated base voltage at a collector current of 10mA is somewhere in the range of 0.65V to 0.85V. There is a range because they cannot make transistors all the same, some have a higher base voltage than others and the temperature also affects the voltage.

You do not show the part number for the transistor for us to look at its datasheet. If it is a 2N3904 transistor then its saturated base voltage at a collector current of 10mA is somewhere in the range of 0.65V to 0.85V. There is a range because they cannot make transistors all the same, some have a higher base voltage than others and the temperature also affects the voltage.

Don't get me wrong, I love Canada but one thing for sure, in freezing Canada every transistor has a base voltage 300mV higher.

Don't get me wrong, I love Canada but one thing for sure, in freezing Canada every transistor has a base voltage 300mV higher.
Some parts of Canada are very cold and transistors and people do not live there. I am in the southern party of Canada where there are some parts of USA north of me. The Great lakes near me keep the temperature moderate, maybe -10 degrees C is a very cold winter day. My 2N3904 transistors have maybe 10V and maybe 20mA so are nice and warm dissipating 200mW.

Status
Not open for further replies.