Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating total wirelength in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcaley

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a way to calculate total wirelength in a place and routed circuit. I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I searched and was unable to find anything helpful. I would like to use Cadence (version 6.1.4-64b) to do this. The idea is to try out several different floorplanning algorithms and test their effectiveness by measuring total interconnect length. I am a grad student at a university, so I do not have access to every tool, but we do have a decent library of tools available. The P&R can be done in either Astro or Cadence Encounter, but I prefer Encounter.

Thank you in advance for your time.

In encounter to get length of a net, use getNetWireLength command. To get total net length, open log file of corresponding stage and search for Total net length.

Reactions: lcaley

lcaley

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you. I will definitely give that a try.

if you execuste a trial route you could obtain the route lenght, no?

if you execuste a trial route you could obtain the route lenght, no?
Yes, Trial route will give estimated total net length. Tool does trial route during placement and optimization. So instead of doing trial route again, we can check log file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back