Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating Freq in Pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

laguna92651

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am running a Time Domain simulation. The signal is the output, a sine wave, of a LC filter. Is there a way to automate or semi automating calculating the frequency of the sine wave. Right now I'm manually measuring the period of the sine wave and calculating the frequency by hand.

There's a period measurement expression provided by probe. Consult the reference manual.

Yes. User period or period_Xrange expression

Ex: 1/Period_XRange(V(3),100u,300u)
Above measurement expression would calculate frequency for voltage waveform V3, for the waveform 100u & 300u. This way you can choose the time where circuit is obtained the steady state. if your circuit shas settled at T=0 then you can use period also.

That sounds perfect, where is this setup at, all I see is the Voltage Probe button.

You can see this in PSpice windows, Open a .DAT file (waveform analysis view) Select Trace>Evaluate measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back