Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Calculating correlation between the E-fields of two antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilal5836

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am having a bit of a problem computing the cross correlation between two Electric-field patterns of antennas. I will try to state my problem clearly:

I have E-field values of an antenna for each value of phi and theta.
The E-field values are complex numbers and are given as dB V/m.
So in Matlab I have a Matrix of dimensions 181(0-180 degrees values of phi) x 360(for 360 values of theta).

Now I have another complex E-field matrix of the same dimensions giving the E-field radiation pattern of another antenna.

Now, I want to compare the two E-field patterns to see how much similar are they to one another. For this purpose I need to calculate there cross-correlation coefficient so that I get a single value between -1 and +1.

I am not sure on how to obtain the cross-correlation, because you cannot use the complex values directly into the correlation formulas, because then you get really wrong results.

I am also attaching the E-field matrices of the two antennas for your reference. These can be uploaded in Matlab using 'load' command.

https://www.edaboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=919215#919215

Kindly help me in this regard, I will be very grateful.

Azulykit

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: Calculating correlation between the E-fields of two ante

I just answered this post on another forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor