Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculate total power from spectrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synaps3

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This would seem to be a pretty common question so I'm surprised I can't find any information on it. This makes me think I might not be thinking clearly.

Anyway, how do I calculate the total RF energy in a spectral range? Peak and average power is easy, but how do I calculate total power (you can't just add them)?

Here are the measurements:
-10mhz: -48dbm
-3mhz: -30dbm
0mhz: -45dbm

So how do I find the total power in the range -10 to 0mhz?

This would seem to be a pretty common question so I'm surprised I can't find any information on it. This makes me think I might not be thinking clearly.

Anyway, how do I calculate the total RF energy in a spectral range? Peak and average power is easy, but how do I calculate total power (you can't just add them)?

Here are the measurements:
-10mhz: -48dbm
-3mhz: -30dbm
0mhz: -45dbm

So how do I find the total power in the range -10 to 0mhz?

As you cannot sum the logarithmic quantities, calculate the power in Watts, then you can sum the components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back