Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculate power consumption of digital circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssubha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed digital circuit. i need to compare the power consumption of this circuit with existing circuit with similar function. i request you to let me know the software to be used for this. i tried pspice/orcad but i find that the data has to be manually entered. i am looking for a tool that will take the netlist generated for the verilog description and give the power consumption details. the quartus software gives the power consumption statistics at the whole module. i require for individual components.

i am looking for a tool that will take the netlist generated for the verilog description and give the power consumption details

I presume this task should be strongly related to the manufacturer library, furthermore am not sure if you can down into component level during simulation. What are exactly the technologies you wish to benchmark ?

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.