Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadstar si and emc analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppjsv

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to start si and emc in cadstar so that by reverse engg basic concepts of pcb design also get cleared?

Could you explain your request a bit more clearly, SI and adviser are started from the Tools menu.

i want to know steps from start till end

Ha. Well i would start of reading through quite a few of the links in the attached text document.
For Si I would start with the Si self teach quide, start at page one and work your way through to page 219, supplementing the content via further reading to explain the concepts in more detail, time 2 weeks to a month depending on how much you put into it.
i would also get a basic understanding of the following concepts if you havn't done already.
Speed of electrical signals.
Dialectric constants.
How signals propagate.
Stripline and microstrip.
return currents.
Vf=1/sqrt Er
Fknee=0.5/tr where Tr is 10-90%
IBIS models

That should give you a good start.
Have Fun

Attachments

• PCB related links.txt
    5 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: ppjsv

ppjsv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Marce

Could yo please help me out how to do SI in the Cadstar, I have only experience in the PCB layout and never done the SI practically , Though i know the basic concept and the high speeds guidelines regarding Ringing , Crostalk,Impedance and layer stack up I have also gone through some of the book regarding SI, but does not know about how to calculate ? Could you please provide steps of doing SI in CADSTAR once the board id completely routed? And could you please throw light what exactly we do in SI?

I will be highly obliged if you provide steps to do SI.

Regards
Antarveena

Regards

I went through the Si self teach guide, over a period of time, started at page one and did everything in the guide in order, that is the best way, its quite a steep learning curve, but can be donein a couple of weeks.
I cant think of any easier way, to use the software properly requires the proper training, there is no simplistic path to getting results.
I have attached MY notes on assigning IBIS models to parts, another critical step in succsesful SI verification.

There is also an Intel course on Si, here is a link to lesson 1, the rest you will have to try and find from the link, as I cant find my origional link.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...SYAwa1WzL0MsG_0hA&sig2=KkYdoHpC1kqB9Cu5_R2yMg

Attachments

• CS Simulation Model Mapping.doc
    77 KB · Views: 90

i have started the si from self teach chapterwise in cadstar. but lets given a exercise circuit then how should we apply these chapter on that?

I'll write more this weekend if BT have fixed my interent.
What I gather is you want to apply SI to your circuit?
As said I'll dig out my notes and provide a basic guide, will take a couple of days to find and compile my material as its on one of my home systems.

is it necessary to learn pcb design first before proceeding on to signal integrity? people say different things... one of my friend told not necessary. pls tell

Yes and No, you can simulate unrouted designs but have to add transmission lines to imjic PCB traces, you can also get a routed PCB and do the simulation.

if i get routed pcb then can i do signal integrity direct? or do i require to know concepts of pcb design?

marce i am eagerly awaiting for your tutorial.... thanx

If you have a legal version of CADSTAR then you ought to have the documentation also.
Check out the self teach documents as there is a very good one on SI in CADSTAR within them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back