Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadstar ----> Pads Translator

Status
Not open for further replies.

binu G

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadstar to pads

hi,

do any one experience in translating cadstar pcb file to Pads ?

Regards
Binu G

pads translator 2007

Hi Binu,

There are no direct steps for conversion,you need to convert the cadstar pcb files to gerber,later using Cam350 you need to export the files to Pads pcb files,sort of reverse engineering.

Regards

Ramesh

pads translator

try Pads Translator.... this is the readme....

pads schematic to cadstar

Hi Binu G,
i know an engineer with experience in translation of Cad star files into PADS. I have received the following info.

-First you need a last version of P A D S Translator. Supplied to Customers and available in support web of P A D S.
-Then you only need to run the prog.
-Remember the layers config are different for Cad star. In some configurations the converted layout, are in incresead layers in P A D S.
-If the original file from Cad str, not have strange config, the conversion are fine.
-The converter NOT work with OLD Cad star D O S version. Only for a recent Win version.

If you need other i contact this expert for you, skywalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back