Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CADSTAR 16.0 PCB layout drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

roto200235

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,

I recently start learning this software (CADSTAR) because i want to test my circuit from a breadboard to a PCB.

When i am trying to do some cutouts on my PCB outline, the software just won't let me do it.

After going through several tutorials from CADSTAR, it just seems super easy for them to do so.

I am wondering if anyone have faced similar issue that can help me on this ! :)

P.S.
I am using CADSTAR 16.0
I manually created my PCB outline by using "Add Shape"-> "Set it to 'Board' " -> "select rectangle" -> "Draw a rectangle"
When trying to do cutouts, i used "Add Shape" -> "Set it to 'cutout' " -> "Select circle" -> "Trying to draw the circle in my rectangle outline, but it never happens"

Paul

Read the instructions in the bottom left hand of the screen....
You have to select the shape in which you wish to add the cut-out first...
Make board outline selectable in your colour file...

Thank you guys, I thought it may be just drawing a circle as in drawing a figure.

however, indeed, i will need to click the side of my board outline first then determine the center of my circuit and determine my radius.

Can't believe it is just that simple, Thanks for all the help :) !!

really appreciate it.

Paul

Thanks, miss a little detail in this video before, but i got it now :) !

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh it is that simple.
If you want a specific size circle I find it easiest to set my grid to 1/2 that size, draw the circle then change the grid down to enable it to be moved into location.
Although with CADSTAR 16 you can rmb and enter coordinates and radius for a circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back