Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadence vs tanner L-edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course cadence is better

Cadence has more features than Tanner tools.

However, Ledit is much cheaper than cadence, easier to be used, not bad at all for small medium analog design.

I use it extensively and I'm not dissapointed at all. Furthermore, you can import Virtuoso setup files, perform Dracula-compatible DRC and check your design with Calibre results.

cadence virtuoso is much stronger than Tanner!Tanner only is easier to study for beginner!

Cadence suite is about half a million dollars
L-Edit is around $20,000 depending on the features.

Cadence is the industry standard and used exclusively in the universities.
Mentor Graphics IC suite is also a worthy competitor in this regard.
Ledit is not found in the academia.

For every user, who knows something about Ledit, there are approx. 50 users of Cadence. Getting support is much easier.

cadence is highly popular and all world accepted tool for VLSI projects.
L-EDIT is not good as compare with cadence. when do all level abstraction very detail manner in cadence when compare as L-edit.
better goto cadence and do ur project

please compare them with ADS, thanks.
is ADS popular in IC design?

yeah.L-edit can be used in Win.so it is easier for printing the layout to check errors--we usually do the layout work with virtuso then print out the layout by ledit

cadence is for work station,and l-edit is for pc

Ledit is much better, not only for beginnars, also experts! good for industry!
as the win platform is much better than unix
I am tired of cadence, the interface too ugly! although it is more powerful, I hate it.

please compare them with @DS, thanks.
is @DS popular in IC design

@DS is a simulator , the layout editor in @DS is not stronge , but the simulator engine is very powerfull in RF circuits

khouly

ADS is a good tools for RF and DSP system level operation of circuits. It can also be used with transistor-level circuits if the models are available, but its primary application remains the exploration of system level architecture.

ADS can be setup using the 'ADS Dynamic Link' to work with Cadence.
When set up as such, the simulation icons from ADS appear in the cadence Analog Artist Interface box.

ADS is widely know for its better performance for RF circuits. The built-in libraries for RF and DSP are also comprehensive. As pointed out earlier, Virtuoso layout is more powerful than momentum style layout.

L-edit may be compatible with ADS, but i am not sure that it is.

L-edit is fit to some small project ! and study

I used both and think that CADENCE is afcourse better more user frendly, when you master it and most important all big foundaries use cadence and have models and scripts adjusted for it.

The real issue in EDA tools is the price/performance ratio. If EDA tools were cars, it is like if we had only two choices: a Volkswagen or a Ferrarri, with nothing in between :lol:

C$dence, of course is the industry-standard, caters to big companies with lots of $$$$$, has all the features and capabilities... at a MUCH HIGHER COST, a definite problem for smaller companies and design groups.

Ledit is easy to use and has the basic features needed for design, and is well suited for many smaller to medium size projects not using the latest ultra-small geometry processes.

Tools like Paragon may become an optimum "middle-of-the road" solution.

The irony is that if one of the main EDA supplier would revise their strategy and provide a good "middle-of-the-road" solution for this growing number of 'smalller' users, they would probably get way ahead of the others. It looks like they have not figured this out yet :cry:

of course cadence virtuoso

we us botch ads and cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back