Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence virtuoso scripting language

Status
Not open for further replies.

MahmoudHassan

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
For cadence virtuoso i want to know which scripting language is better to be used I know that there are scripting languages like Perl , TCL , TK but in Cadence virtuoso user guide they introduced another one "Skill" and it uses Ocean platform (or something like that )
so which scripting language that used with Cadence and which one is the most popular ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks erikl
do you know how to learn it ? and what is "Ocean platform" that is used fro SKILL???

... how to learn it ? and what is "Ocean platform" that is used fro SKILL???

In the Cādence Virtuoso documentation you can find descriptions: sklangref.pdf , sklayoutref.pdf , skill_development_functions.pdf & skill_development_help.pdf . In the net you can find e.g. "Cadence® SKILL Language Programming Lecture Manual" & "Cadence® SKILL Language Programming Lab Manual".

OCEAN (Open Command Environment for ANalysis) is an analysis dedicated extension of SKILL (i.e. for simulation). Here you can get the OCEAN reference manual.

If you're asking which language SKILL might resemble, that
would be LISP, a semi-ancient LISt Processing language
(because CAD databases are indeed just "lists" of "stuff" -
objects, connections, attributes, hierarchies, etc.).

Ocean is sort of a patch / bridge between the SKILL
language that underpins all Cadence functionality, and
the Spectre simulator. Necessary because the Spectre
command language is as lame as a one legged jellyfish
on tarmac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back