Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso Edit Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytass

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
artparameterintooldisplay

Hi there,

I have the NCSU Library installed. I want to add the parameters \'area\' and \'perimeter\' to the drop down list, as the technology that i am using expects these parameters. I opened to NCSU_Analog_Parts library and edited the code in artSimInfoCDF.att by adding 2 new fields for area and perimter. But when i launch into cadence, although i can see the instance, the drop down list still does not contain area and perimeter. When i generate the netlist, area and perimeter are not there. I checked the artSimInfoCDF.att again and the area and perimeter fields are included (please see below

cdfCreateParam( cdfId
?name \"area\"
?prompt \"Area\"
?defValue \"\"
?type \"string\"
?display \"artParameterInToolDisplay(\'area)\"
?parseAsNumber \"yes\"
?parseAsCEL \"yes\"
)

Do i need to recompuikle something to get this to work?? Your help will be much appreciated, please reply as soon as you can. All i need is to be able to add design paremeter to the virtuouso model.

Thank you for your help!
Dean.

You can either
* Change \"artParameterInToolDisplay(\'area)\" to t
or
* In the schematic window, choose menu "Options / Tool Filter..." and check all tools you want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back