Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso, CDB to OA Translator Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCauley481

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

Question regarding cadence. So I recieved files that were generated on IC5033, and I have IC6.1.6 so I'm trying to convert them with the translator tool. But I'm not understanding the error messages it's giving me. I placed the schematic in a library of it's own and outside of the folder where cds.lib file is. When I go to select that library it doesn't let me, saying "The cds.lib file specified does not exist or the file is not readable". OK. So I put it in the folder where the cds.lib file is and it tells me:

ERROR (CDBOA-107): You cannot run the translator in the same directory as the
CDBA cds.lib file. Doing so would add OpenAccess library
definitions to the CDBA cds.lib file, which is not
permitted. Run the translator from a different directory.

Just an FYI, the contents of my schematic folder have the following extensions: .tag, .db , .xx , .cd% , cdb

So I just don't understand how I'm supposed to do this. I realize this is retard tier stuff, so any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 1056.PNG
    1056.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 1110.PNG
    1110.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 167

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor