Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Cadence Virtuoso and MMSIM installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey manikantaxyz
Thanks a lot for the installation procedure for the software.Just to add compatibility of another linx OS - Fedora 19. Virtuoso works smoothly with no issues so far but i am yet to do simulations.

Hi jvce92,
Try to update your ubuntu operating system,
then install virtuoso again.

Best Regards,
Marben

Hello,
thank you very much for the package and instructions and thank you everybody to post your problems (i got most of them, now solved). I'm still not able to solve some problem and i would appreciate any help (i'm still quite newbie on ubuntu).

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit. I followed all the instructions and overcome several problems but actually "virtuoso" command is still not found. I noticed that when i use the ./sfk command i get hundreds of warnings and 0 file changed so i suppose this could be the problem

I downloaded the patch64 file and runned both patch_x64 and sfk in both virtuoso tools and mmsim tools folders (i copied patch and sfk in those folders and i executed them). Still hundreds of warnings and 0 changed. I read maybe i need to install libraries for 64 bit but because i'm still noob i didn't understand how to do it (and if this could be the problem).

Could you help me?
Thank you

EDIT:
Ok, i solved the problem. I retried to type the export part (maybe i got something wrong). I got the Open access problem and i solved it inserting the "OA_UNSUPPORTED_PLAT=linux_rhel40_gcc44x" string, then i was able to run virtuoso using "virtuoso -64" command.

For the moment that's all folks, thank you :)

EDIT 2:

Everytime i restart the system virtuoso command is not found again and to "unlock" it i have to run this code on terminal everytime:

alias lmli='/home/frax/edatools/virtuoso/tools/bin/lmgrd -c /home/frax/edatools/virtuoso/share/license/license.dat'
export OA_HOME=/home/frax/edatools/virtuoso/oa_v22.41.029
export CDS_ROOT=/home/frax/edatools/virtuoso
export MMSIM_ROOT=/home/frax/edatools/mmsim
export CDS_LIC_FILE=5288@leonardo
export LM_LICENSE_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.dat:/home/frax/edatools/mmsim/share/license/license.dat
export CDS_Netlisting_Mode=Analog
export PATH=$MMSIM_ROOT/tools/bin:$MMSIM_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII/bin:$PATH

export OA_UNSUPPORTED_PLAT=linux_rhel40_gcc44x

What can i do?

Last edited:

Hi frax84, how did you fix it to stop showing the warning messasges when you ran the sfk?

I actually didn't fix. Warnings are not errors, so i simply ignored them. If you read all the posts many people got them, so i suppose it's quite usual. Still not sure everything works because i still need to try to run simulations. I hope it will work. I'll keep you updated

After running all the steps of the instructions I still get the
*ERROR* (DB-320001): Unable to get the Cadence(R) Design Framework II license feature of "111".
error, I tought it had something to do with the warnings, but apparently it doesn't

did you use the patch in the right way?
i suggest to check your license.dat files in MMSIM and Virtuoso folder and check if hostname (first and second row of every lic files) is fine

Look great. I'll give it a try to see if it works. Are there any other cracked cadtool stuff out there somewhere? synopsys vcs and nova springsoft debussy?

Hello guys!!

First of all I want to thank you for the information your are providing here. I've never worked with Linux OS and because of you, at least I could install Virtuoso.

However, I'm not able to run it. i've been looking at your posts and trying to apply what you said but not results. I'm using Debian and I suposed the steps are the same

In the step 6 when I try to apply the following command:

root@debian:/home/edatools/virtuoso/tools# ./sfk rep -bylist flexlm.pat -yes -dir .

the following error comes out:

"Error: unknown option: -dir."
"1 error ocurred"

I try to ignored this and try to run virtuoso but the same error as in 0louis0 post appears: "command not found"

I modified the file "bashrc"

in conclusion I've got 2 problems:

1. command ./sfk rep -bylist flexlm.pat -yes -dir . doesn't work
2. cannot run virtuoso with "virtuoso command"

I would be very grateful if you give me a hand.

thanks!

regards

Hello guys! Can you help me?
(my system is the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 64bit)
I did everything as said in the first post and then when I tried to run Virtuoso i have the following problem:

ERROR: $OA_HOME/bin
(/home/pavel/edatools/virtuoso/oa_v22.41.029/bin)
is not a valid OA bin directory.
Check your OA installation or update the value
of OA_HOME to point to a valid OA installation.
See the "OpenAccess Installation and Configuration Guide"
for more information.
virtuoso: ERROR: No proper OA2.2 installation found. Fix the errors reported by cdsGetOABinPath.
virtuoso: INFO: Note that OpenAccess (OA) requires running the Configure phase.
virtuoso: See the "OpenAccess Installation and Configuration Guide" before
virtuoso: you complete the configuration step. This manual is included with
virtuoso: the Cadence product documentation.

Hi!
Thank you again for the tutorial, it has been really helpfull so far!
I have a problem with the installation of cadence vituoso though. Iscape isn't able to detect the files.
I took a screenshot:

Does anyone have a solution for that issue?
I'm on Ubuntu 12.10 32bits.

Last edited:

hello everyone , i am using ubuntu v13 ,the error i get is shown below:-

ubuntu@ubuntu-Compaq-Presario-C700-Notebook-PC:~$ sudo apt-get install policykit
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package policykit

please help me

Hello I am trying to install Virtuoso only on Ubuntu 12.04.4 64-bit using VM Workstation 9. I keep getting "virtuoso: command not found" on the last step. I've tried using the patch for the 64bit, but no go.

I've made sure to edit the .bashrc file with my information as well as the license.dat file. In the .bashrc I have not commented the MMSIM parts.

I've noticed in the instructions it mentions to copy only the sfk file but not the 'patch' file, so why is it there? Same with the 64bit patch although I have copied both.

I run the sfk file, with

31819 files checked, 0 changed.
1 errors, 614 warnings occurred.

as the output.

Is there a special flexlm.pat file that is supposed accompany the 64bit patch? Or am I missing something more simple? What else could cause this?

I've notice others in this thread have had success with this error but they do not go into detail on how they over came it or their solutions do not apply to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OK so I restarted the virtual machine, installed NCSU 1.5 and 1.6 libraries. I had to add ''OA_UNSUPPORTED_PLAT=linux_rhel40_gcc44x" line in the bashrc file. and also replace the sysname file as suggested by BNGreen, to get it to run.

Although it does not run using virtuoso -64, I get "*ERROR* (DB-320001): Unable to get the Cadence(R) Design Framework II license feature of "111"."

I have to use virtuoso &.

Now I also Installed MMSIM (same way as virtuoso, with 64bit patch and edited license.dat and sysname) as I realized I need it to do simulations with spectre. But now I get error: ERROR (ADE-3036): I've tried ticking 'Run with 64 bit binary' under Setup>Enviorment. But still not go.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Ok so I went to the net list directory, ran ./runSimulation: and this is the output:
Code:
WARNING: HOST <ubuntu> DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A CADENCE SUPPORTED LINUX CONFIGURATION

/home/.../.../mmsim/tools.lnx86/spectre/bin/32bit/spectre: error while loading shared libraries: librealine.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

although I never did find librealine.so.5 on my system, i believe the following command solved the issue:

Code:
apt-get install lib32readline5

Hopefully that helps save someone a whole lot of Googling. :grin:

hello everone, please help me out i am getting an error:-
root@ubuntu-Compaq-Presario-C700-Notebook-PC:/home/ubuntu/cadence/iscape/iscape.04.21-p004/bin# ./iscape.sh
Initializing InstallScape using JVM at /home/ubuntu/cadence/iscape/iscape.04.21-p004/runtime/LNX86/bin/java. This might take some time...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/ubuntu/cadence/iscape/iscape.04.21-p004/runtime/LNX86/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at com.khanpur.installer.gui.InstallerUI.main(InstallerUI.java:107)
i am using ubuntu v12.04. please help me

For people Using Debian:

1. Follow the precisely the steps in Post #1.

some comments:

-I couldn't run the command sudo apt-get install ureadahead
-I didn't find libstdc++.so.5 lib. however, I installed libstdc++5,libstdc++6,lib64stdc++6,and libstdc++6-4.7-dev
-I skepped step 8
-in step 6."Patch" when you appliy the commands: ./sfk rep -bylist flexlm.pat -yes -dir . it is very important to have results, it'll give you some warnings and errors(1 or 2) but don't worry it'll still work.

2. When you run virtuoso command this error is likely to will appear:

virtuoso: ERROR: The command /home/bruno/edatools/virtuoso/oa_v22.41.029/bin/sysname returned an error status:
unknown
virtuoso: INFO: Note that OpenAccess (OA) requires running the Configure phase.
virtuoso: See the "OpenAccess Installation and Configuration Guide" before
virtuoso: you complete the configuration step. This manual is included with
virtuoso: the Cadence product documentation.

Follow the steps in post # 7

3- When you try to run Virtuoso another error related with a library "libXp.so.6"will appear.

go to synaptic packet installer and install libxp6 library.

Now Virtuoso should start properly.

I'm gonna try to create circuits and run some simulations. I hope not to find more problems.

Be that as it may, I would like to thank all of you for providing solutions.

Reactions: tucura

tucura

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@Prabhjot,

I believe you have ubuntu 64-bit version.

To solve your error you should install ia32-libs package. I tried with only libxext6:i386 to no avail, so ended up installing all 32-bit libraries.

Hence, from a root cshell type:

apt-get install ia32-libs

Regards,

Lucho

EDIT:

I have succesfully installed IC615 and MMSIM in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit with the procedure shown in the first post and some of the updates. Thanks a lot to all of you guys.

Now I have have a weird problem. Everything launches without problem but for instance when I go to the library manager and want to create a new library the menu simply doesn't pop after I click on the arrowed menu. It is not an F3 problem as sometimes ocurred with IC5.1. I thought it was a permission problem but all directories and files inside edatools have +rwx for the normal user.

Has anybody experienced this problem before ? Did you solve it ? How ?

Thanks a lot

EDIT 2

For some strange reason, the menu delay was incredibly long and that's why it wasn't showing up. Now it works like a charm. Special thanks to ManuelW for the guidance on how to fix the ahdl compilation problem !

Regards,

Lucho.

Last edited:

Does anybody know where to find Cadence Incisive (IUSXX) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.