Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence tutorial on Monte Carlo simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmosbjt

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I used to use ADS. Now I need to do monte carlo simulation in Cadence. ADS has very good way to manifulate data. But I don't know how is it done in Cadence. How to write expression? Where can I find reading materials about that?

cadence monte carlo tutorial

u can find good know from www.cic2.edu.tw and sourcelink.cadence.com
crete.cadence.com
all cadence university program websites from all universities
better go thro crete.cadence.com
it will help u more

cadence monte carlo simulations

Thanks. Actually before I use ADS, I used Cadence for a while, but only some basic operations. I know how to draw schematic in Composor, layout in Virtuoso and simulate using Artist. After I used ADS, I notice that I need the flexibility to manipulate the simulation result data. In cadence, there are many functions and conventions doing this job, that is what I want to know.

cadence tutorial monte carlo

Cadence usually comes with lots of help pdfs. I think you can find them in the installation directory.

I think you need to read the help of the Cadence calculator and that of SpectreRF.

cadence calculatror tutorial

elbadry tell about CDSDOC files
if u have install cadence run cdsdoc command u will get all help information.
if u need more tutorials i will upload here

cadence tutorial

for example, I want to do monte carlo simulation to check the gain variation of my LNA. How to set the "Expression/Signal" field?
**broken link removed**

cadence monte carlos analysis tutorial

Assuming you are familiar with using the calculator, open the calculator and get expression from the calculator.

cadence calculator

let's say i set the sp frequency sweep simulation, from the calculator i press the S21 button and get the expression of "aas(2 1)", I "Get Expression" to the Statistical Analysis above. However after simulation the waveform can not be display.

cadence calculator s21

elbadry said:
Cadence usually comes with lots of help pdfs. I think you can find them in the installation directory.

I think you need to read the help of the Cadence calculator and that of SpectreRF.
can u tell me how to use the calculator in the cadence

monte carlo tutorial cadence

maybe you can read the help files of the software, it's the tutorial.

tutorial on cadence waveform calculator usage

From Analog environment, Open Tools >> Calculator... >> use functions inside to make expressions as u like

Hope that helps..
Regards,
Ahmd,

Status
Not open for further replies.