Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence startup problem/errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

srdjee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
*warning* _devalidateviewtype: viewtype is nil

Hi
I installed IC5033 on SUSE 10.0 and when I run icfb&
in log window get this

Loading PRshare.cxt
Loading LVS.cxt
Loading acv.cxt
Loading auCore.cxt
Loading schView.cxt
Loading selectSv.cxt
*Error* The function schAddPinListToViewReg() was passed a viewType of "text.veriloga", which is not a registered dfII_ViewType.
*Error* The function schAddPinListToViewReg() was passed a viewType of "text.ahdl", which is not a registered dfII_ViewType.
*Error* The function schAddViewToPinListReg() was passed a viewType of "VHDLAMSText", which is not a registered dfII_ViewType.
*Error* The function schAddPinListToViewReg() was passed a viewType of "vhdl", which is not a registered dfII_ViewType.
Loading seismic.cxt

Result is that when I try to File -> New -> Library -> Cellview
there is no tool offered and no default name for file ( schematic , layout)

if anybody knows
10x
:)

contact cadence crc at 1-877-cds-4911

Hi,

it is a strange error. This *.cxt files are compiled SKILL files which set up tool specific settings. Did you install the latest ISR or QSR? Maybe it is a bug which is solved in later versions.

Greetings,
hqqh

unable to find the cadence software in your path

I got the same errors with ISR200503311200 and ISR200406181244

if I try to open some schematic from NCSU libraries get this warning:

*WARNING* _deValidateViewType: viewType is nil

it looks to me that it doesn't know whit what tool to open file

Also I forgot to mention that there is a massage if I try to make new cellview and click Ok ( beside that there is no tool to select ) somethin' like:

Each tool must have <tool>.reg in
\Cadence\share\cdssetup\registry\data\
and
\Cadence\share\cdssetup\registry\tools\

10x

cadence cdshome

Hi,

in my cadence dfII installation tree, there are files like composer.reg, cdba.data.reg, virtuoso.reg, verilog.reg ....
Are such files in the directiroy you mentioned (../ic5033/share/cdssetup/registry/tools/)?

In the s0urcel1nk forum I found a post with a similar problem. The solution there was a new installation. Sorry, but it seem that either your file system or the installation medium is corrupt.

Greetings,
hqqh

viewtype is nil

I got those .reg files in both folders also .

Btw I tried today with IC5141 instalation and again there are same error masagges.
:(

I'll try to install suse9.3 or FC4

10x anyway

hacker.dat cadence

Hi!
If you install new linux that better, RedHat Enterprise to install!

cadence startup slow

damn,
Ok I've installed RHEL 4 and it's not workin' again , same problem

seismic.cxt cadence problem

what problems you have ?

cadence variables

Same from 1st post, no matter what linux distro was installed and with ISR200503311200 or ISR200406181244 or IC5141.

10x

cadence aptivia

Ok I found possible solution in this manual
**broken link removed**

but I don't know what is Artist Link and where to to get it.

92_1162915339.jpg

lib.defs file is missing in my cadence directory

Hi,

because of the path (h**p://lsmwww.epfl.ch/EDA/eda_tools/Mentor/doc/art_link_4.5_1.pdf), I assume that the Artist link is a mentor tool to embed Mentors SPICE simulator Eldo into the DFII.
Maybe this script is able to fix your problem, but normally the DFII installation should be able to run without Mentor tools.

Kind regards,
hqqh

cadence after start up

OMG
After 3 weeks and more I finally started Cadence without errors.

I must enter following lines in console :

> cd /Cadence/tools.lnx86/dfII/bin
> ./icfb

:)

I still don't know why
> icfb&
gives errors.

10x a lot m8s
;)

cadence stuck license bug

Hi,

it seams you have a configuration problem. If you dont solve it properly, you will probably get some other errors in other tools. Additionally, I do not recommand you to start icfb from the Cadence installation directory!!

Your configuration problem can come from the following points (this is a non-exaustive list):

1. Check that you have the "tools" symbolic link in your cadence IC5033 installation directory. "tools" must be linked to "tools.lnx86". You can create this link by going to your IC5033 directory and enter the following command at the Linux shell prompt:
>ln -s tools.lnx86 tools

2. Check your .cshrc file in your home directory for the correct environement variables. Here is an example how the file should look like:

# GENERAL ENVIRONEMENT VARIABLES
################################
#
# Default Text Editor set to NEDIT located at /usr/X11R6/bin/nedit
setenv EDITOR /usr/X11R6/bin/nedit
#
# Additional Libraries can be found in the following path:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /user_data/software/Linux_Libraries
#setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH":/user_data/software/Linux_Libraries
#
# Define Reported Kernel Version
setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1
#
# Define Langage
setenv LANG C # for Cadence GUI to operate correctly
#
# CADENCE ANALOG SOFTWARES
##########################
#
# All Cadence Tools can be found locally in the following path:
setenv CADENCEDIR /user_data/software/Cadence
setenv UMCHOME $HOME/Foundry/UMC
setenv CDS_TEXT_EDITOR nedit # Default Cadence Text Editor
#
# Cadence License File Path
setenv CDS_LIC_FILE $CADENCEDIR/Licenses/license.dat
setenv CDS_LIC_TIMEOUT 86400 # License remains check-out during 24h if license server connection is lost
#
# Cadence IC5141: >icfb >icms >draculaInteractive
setenv CDSHOME $CADENCEDIR/IC5033
setenv CDS_ROOT $CDSHOME # Original Cadence variable
setenv CDS_INST_DIR $CDSHOME
setenv CDS_INSTALL_DIR $CDSHOME/tools/dfII
setenv CLS_CDSD_COMPATIBILITY_LOCKING NO
setenv CDS_Netlisting_Mode Analog
setenv PATH "$PATH":$CDSHOME/tools:$CDSHOME/tools/bin:$CDSHOME/tools/dfII:$CDSHOME/tools/dfII/bin

3. Try to delete any existing .cdsenv and .cdsinit files (severale locations are possible: check your home directory, and your working directory for them). If you have set up some preferences in these files, simply save it under another name and try to start icfb without these files. If your problem is solved, you have to find out which variables are interfering. But try the previous steps 1 & 2 before doing this.

Best Regards,
The Dock

_devalidateviewtype is not registered

Here is what I've done about linking :

> ln -s /Cadence/tools.lnx86 /Cadence/tools
> ln -s /Cadence/tools.lnx86 /Cadence/IC5033/tools
> ln -s /Cadence/tools.lnx86 /Cadence/IC5033/tools.lnx86

here is my .bashrc :

Code:
# .bashrc

# User specific aliases and functions

CDS_ROOT=/Cadence/IC5033
CDS_INST_DIR=/Cadence/IC5033
CDS_INSTALL_DIR=/Cadence/IC5033/tools/dfII/
export CDS_SITE=/Cadence/NCSU/ncsu-cdk-1.5.1
export CDS_LIC_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.EQUALIZER
export CDS_Netlisting_Node Analog
export CDK_DIR=/Cadence/NCSU/ncsu-cdk-1.5.1
export ACV_ROOT="/Cadence/VSDE33/tools/acv"
export LANG C
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/netscape:/Cadence:/Cadence/IC5033:/Cadence/IC5033/tools:/Cadence/IC5033/tools/dfII:/Cadence/IC5033/tools/dfII/bin:/Cadence/IC5033/tools/bin:$ACV_ROOT/bin

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
	. /etc/bashrc
fi

and .cdsenv
Code:
asimenv showWhatsNew string "5.0.0"

and .cdsinit is from NCSU CDK

Why do you not recommand starting icfb from installation dir ?

cadence skill check out license 34510

As a Cadence user (i.e., circuit designer) you should not have the permissions to write in the installation directory (i.e., the directory in which you have installed the Cadence software: /Cadence/IC5033 in your case). If you start Cadence from its installation directory, it tries to create some files in the directory you have started it from. So you will be in trouble with two points:

1. icfb will try to write files in /Cadence/IC5033/... directory but it cannot, since it is a read only directory for the circuit designers.

2. icfb will write files in /Cadence/IC5033/... (like .cdsenv file) because you have the writing rights in this directory. This will create problems with other circuit designers, if they do the same as you.

The proper solution is:
1. Install Cadence as "cds_manager" (or as root if you dont want to set up a special account for Cadence administration). The /Cadence/IC5033 directory will then be read-only to you as circuit designer (this is how it should be).
2. Link the directories like this (as cds_manager or root):
>cd /Cadence/IC5033
>ln -s tools.lnx86 tools

To my experience, other links should not be made.

Now to your .bashrc file: I have forgotten the bash syntax, but I am wondering why you are not using the "export" command also for the first 3 Cadence variables? Have you tryed to declare these environement variables also with the "export" command?

I am pretty sure that you have a "little" problem with your configuration. It is certainly in one of these files, and not in Linux itself. Let me know the results of the experiments. I have installed IC5033 on several Linux/Solaris systems and never got this problem.

Best Regards,
TheDock

cadence lang=c

Ok I deleted IC5033 dir because it was only contained link to tools.lnx86, also I changed .bashrc removing all /IC5033/ from it.

And guess what ?
icfb& from terminal/console starting Cadence without errors.

10x a lot

regards

cadence installcadence_extrafiles

Good news ! Then you have a proper installation of IC5033 now.
Well done.

Regards,
TheDock.

cadence vsde33

Hi thedock,

I am trying to install cadence from an 1.83 Gb edonkey file but when I downloaded it there was only the IC5033 Directory ( with Base inside ) and the Hacker directory. On the Readme there is written:

From now on, you will have the following directories:
/home/thedock/CadenceInstall/VSDE33/
/home/thedock/CadenceInstall/IC5033/
/home/thedock/CadenceInstall/Hacker/
/home/thedock/CadenceInstall/InstallCadence_extrafiles/

But in the rar file there is only /IC033 and /Hacker.

Where can I get those other directories ? Same problem for Matlab 6p1 and Netscape, they are not in the package so my installation at the present is stuck at the Aptivia Stage.

Last thing the license.data file is missing as well. Is there any place where I can get this files to continue my installation ?

Many Thanks,
TNR.

cadence icfb startup files

Hi,

Finally after some month works ( not full time thanks God ) I managed to install the beast and magically, it run ....

The succesfull steps till now are:

1. Installation of Cadence IC 5.0.33 (Virtuoso/Spectre/Dracula) OK( with err)
2. Installation of Cadence Aptivia OK
3. Installation of the Hacker Script OK
4. Installing Netscape 7.1 for Cadence Documentation viewing OK (with err)
5. Configuration of the Environment Variables OK ( thanks for bashrc )

After several attemps on creating the virtual links to tools.lnx86. Now I can start cadence with icfb &. Cool. ( I have to say thanks to bashrc file that I found ready to use in the downloaded packge ). Many thanks for this.

My problems now are

A) An errmsg on starting icfb &: ( font problem maybe can be ignored )

ERRMSG: Cannot convert string "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-arial--0-100-75-75-p-0-iso8859-1" into type FontStruc

B) I can't start csdoc &:

errmsg:

missing shared file libstdc++-libc6.2.2.s0.3
( maybe I have to run some library in compatibility or install this one but
I can't find it)

C) I can't follow the step:

6. Installation of the AMS HitKit 3.60

-Put your AMS license file amslmd.lic in the following directory:
> cp /home/thedock/CadenceInstall/AMS_HitKit_3.60/amslmd.lic /HitKit_3.60/License/

-Once the CD-ROM is mounted start the installation by entering the command:
> cd /home/thedock/CadenceInstall/AMS_HitKit_3.60/
> ./ams_install.linux

I couldn't find this package, I don't have /CadenceInstall/.

Does anyone now where to download it ? On edonkey there are several files, I don't mind re-download the whole thing ( IC5033/VSDE33/Script and so on it might take some other week, But there are so many Cadence files that I don't know which one, would be nice to find one with the AMS HitKit and Matlab6.5 that is missing as well, so I can complete all the steps )

Does anyone have a tip for where to find this ?

Please let me know,

Regards
tnr

startup cadence and start cds file

Hi!
I have successfully installed IC5033 on ubuntu 6.06 - thanks to files from "thedock" on edonkey.com. However, when I try to launch Analog Artist after launching icfb, I get the following error;

*WARNING* feature 34510: ERROR (LM -54): Internal API error occured. Licensing not initialized - contact Cadence CRC at 1-877-CDS-4911 (run 'lic_error -54' for more information)

*WARNING* Unable to create simulation session.

*WARNING* A check-out of the Artist simulation environment feature failed.
Suggestion: [1] Check your license file.
[2] Ask a current user of the feature to exit the Artist simulation environment.

I am not sure where I have gone wrong with the installation. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back