Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Cadence] Starting MMSIM tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

this is probably a very noobish question, but I do have serious problems with this.

I want to simulate a custom transistor (custom means that I want to specify both all intrinsic and all extrinsic parameters of it by myself) and therefore installed (or rather the IT guy did it) the MMSIM72 module along with several other IC package modules on a Red Hat Linux PC. (I hope it is installed correctly, but I can't prove this). Before that no cadence software was installed on the PC.

Having very little experience with Linux and even less with such complicated software I dont know how to start the corresponding tools. The only thing that starts with a GUI is the KQViewer (I only had to fix licensing issues there). Trying to start things like "spectre" ends up with error reports.
I even dont know how this is supposed to work.

Thus if you have a detailed tutorial how to work with cadence/mmsim etc., then don't hesitate to post a link.

Any other comments telling me how to start that tools are also very welcome, of course. Maybe then try and error leads to something...

Last edited:

First, read the doc : See in installation_dir/doc/install/installTOC.html
You need to start 'virtuoso' or 'icfb', then to create a schematic, and then activate the Analog design environment to simulate it...

Status
Not open for further replies.