Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence SoC Encounter Display Problems on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

miho

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I installed Cadence SoC Encounter on a Suse linux machine and having trouble starting encounter. It complains that so tcl scripts cannot finish which I traced down to the first instruction that opens another window. I get the shell and a hint that maybe the ENCOUNTER variable is set incorrectly. However, I everything works fine if i log on from a machine with pretty much the same software installation but another graphic interface.

So I assume there is somethig wrong with the X-server or window manager. I tried the methid using vncserver but that does not work either.

Any hints are appreciated.
Michael

try to download a new version of graphic card driver.
and maybe you'd better change linux to redhat.

@zhustudio: unfortunately I am working in an environment where I don't have a PC for installing a new OS but have to make do with my current one. It must be a very specific problem with the X-server. Just can't figure out what. Maybe an upgrade of the display driver is indeed necessary. Will ask our admin and report on the success.

try this command ..
encounter -simplefont ??
or
encounter -
^^^^^^^ is option like simple font mode ..

you can see the manual ..

this works! thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.