Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CADENCE - SCHEMATIC vs LAYOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufer17

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I can't get the Assura system to do simulation of the schematic versus layout. I followed all the steps and inserted all the libraries according to the tutorials and what it is to prescribe writing and I can't simulate someone could give guidance. One of the errors says that the pins are not connected in the layout, but they are connected, yes, has anyone been there?

NOTE:

Starting Nvn PreExtraction...

Starting /tools/cadence/ASSURA41/tools.lnx86/assura/bin/nvn /home/mvictor/pdktsmc180/IRUWB_TRANSMITTER/inverter/inverter.rsf -preExtract -exec1 -cdslib /home/mvictor/pdktsmc180/cds.lib
Checking out license for Assura_LVS
Checking out license for Phys_Ver_Sys_LVS_XL
@(#)$CDS: nvn_64 version av4.1:production:dfII6.1.8-64b:IC6.1.8-64b.500.9 02/24/2020 20:04 (vmip-172-18-23-226) $
sub-version 4.1_USR6_HF7, integ signature 2020-02-24-1834
run on mvictor at Fri Jun 5 21:25:37 2020
WARNING (AVLVSNN-10029) : 'filter' command has been converted into 'filterOptions' with the same function. 'filter' command is not supported. Use 'filterOptions' instead.
Reading schematic network
inputting netlist /home/mvictor/pdk/PDK/Assura/lvs_rcx/source.added
Reading layout network
inputting network ./IRUWB_TRANSMITTER/inverter/inverter.ldb
Error: rootCell(or ?cellName) - cell 'inverter layout IRUWB_TRANSMITTER' from the layout does not bind to anything in the schematic.

Finished /tools/cadence/ASSURA41/tools.lnx86/assura/bin/nvn

WARNING /tools/cadence/ASSURA41/tools.lnx86/assura/bin/nvn exit with bad status
WARNING Status 256
WARNING Assura execution terminated
WARNING An error occurred during Nvn PreExtraction.
LVS preprocessing requires a successful run of Nvn.
Assura will now terminate.

WARNING Bad exit from child process .. 0x100

** aveng terminated abnormally **

** aveng fork terminated abnormally **

WARNING aveng exit with bad status
WARNING Status 256
WARNING Assura execution terminated

I can't solve this, I need help please.

this line is all you need to focus on:

Error: rootCell(or ?cellName) - cell 'inverter layout IRUWB_TRANSMITTER' from the layout does not bind to anything in the schematic.

this line is all you need to focus on:

I had verified this, before I did the connection tests for each component (output and input elements), they are working before the simulation, but when I do the simulation the same error happens. Is there another way to check the connection or is there another type?

I don't know what you mean by simulation, but the error message I highlighted implies the component naming/instantiation is wrong. I would start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back