Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Orcad Allegro SPB 16.5 Installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeriogiampa

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have installed and used Cadence Orcad Allegro SPB 16.5 for two days.
Then, the System administration have removed my user account from the aministrators Group on Windows 7 x64 bits and to resolve a problema with same program that did not start proprerly he have changed the uac limitation of my account.
The first result that I have seen after this modification si described below:
I open a pspice project in open capture and I see this dialog box:
"The OrCAD installation did not complete successfully. Cannot proceed. To rectify this error, close Capture, run the following command by using the Start - Run menù option from the taskbar and restart Capture: <installed path>\tools\bin\Pspiceexplorersrvr.exe /regserver Or alternatively you can load Pspice project as PCB project. Do you wish to pen it as PCB Project?"
I have removed and reinstalled the Cadence Software, ripristinated the administration rule of my user but this problem is still present.
I don't see this error and I can use normally the Cadence Software if I open capture and the pspice project when I am logged with the Administrator account.
It is crazy...
Can anyone suggest me a solution?....

Looks like the exe's did not get registered (because of you having UAC ON).
You should try to follow the suggestion given by installer. Run the command to register Pspiceexplorersrvr.exe.

Just write the list of exes in a batch file and run the file once. This would register the exes and thereafter you should be able to use the tool without issues.

I am attaching a batch file having commands for all binaries. Just run it once on your machine and see if it helps.
The batch file refers to %CDSROOT%. This should already be there on your system as you have already installed the tool.

Attachments

• register.zip
    238 bytes · Views: 138

The problem is related at the UAC becouse if I set UAC = OFF, Cadence works very well.
But the batch file attecched don't resolve the problem if I maintain the UAC = ON.

Can you try running the batch file as administrator. (Do RMB on file -> Run as Administrator)

I have executed the batch file as administrator like Capture and the other cadence applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.