Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence "mpsImport, hand-shake timed out" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl500

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: Cadence "mpsImport, hand-shake timed out" prob

Hello,

I use CDS in network - user directory, project directory and cds itself are on nfs disks.
I have two different workstations based on Ubuntu 9.10. Everything works perfect on one of them, while on another there is "mpsImport, hand-shake time out" error with long "hangs" during Library Manager refresh and during exit from icfb.

User is the same on both workstations, so the problem is with the second workstation itself.

Maybe anybody knows the possible reasons of these errors?

What I've tried - is to mount / with noatime,nodiratime options but without success.

The difference is that on the second workstation ext4 is used, while on the first with no problems - ext3. - this is not the reason: I've reinstalled with ext3 and the problem remains...

I will try to "clone" HDD from the first workstation to another, but I would like to understand what is going on...

Added after 4 hours 37 minutes:

OK, it seems I've solved the problem.

After clean installation of Ubuntu 9.10 I've added the following packages: ncsd, policykit, ureadahead and problem had gone. So the problem was nor in ext4 nor in mount options.

I'm not sure what specific package needed, but if anybody will face this problem, it is worth to install these three packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.