Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC618 Installation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmunny

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to install Cadence IC618 tools in my RHEL machine. I'm a new Linux user. From the cadence website, I downloaded the base file and hotfix. I installed it using InstallScape. Now, I found a few youtube video that shows how should I modify post-installation license files, .bashrc files. Now I tried those but while running virtuoso then it throws error. It complains about OS and also open access configuration. Later I realize that my RHEL version 8.2 is not a supported OS for this tool. My queries are:

1. Could any of you able to run IC618 in RHEL 8.2? If it is working for you can you please share the installation procedure?
(It might sound confusing that why I am asking it as I already mentioned this OS version is not supported. But there are some settings that help the UNSUPPORTED OS works, which I am not sure how to set.)

2. Is there any document that demonstrates how to set up the post-installation files to make the tools work? I am still not sure where to look for this. I am talking about the procedure after the installation using Installscape.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Installation README file contains all information especially required system libraries.

Installation README file contains all information especially required system libraries.
Hi Dominik,
Thanks for your response. I read the file actually. But I don't get it clearly. Can you please add more details.

Thanks!

As linked article clearly states, RHEL8 has no full support for all tools.
In installation README file should be a list of needed system libraries.
If all required libraries are in the system and tools still complains, it might happen that some libraries in newer version are not compatible and they has to be downgraded to version from RHEL7.

I am not RH user, so it is hard for me to justify whether repo structure allows to mix different versions of RHEL or not.

It might be much simpler, if you provide details - which tool, error message, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.