Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC5141 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxyangroc2000

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence ic5141

I have two question shown below,

1. I can not install IC5141 USR4 in RHEL 5. Clicking setup.sh, the screen just springed a window and then disappeared.

2. USR4 can be installed in RHEL 4.4. But the match window can not appear in simulation although I had press the radio button for match option in the artist
simulation window. When simulating, the message, " Kill prior match process...."
appears in the CIW. How to solve this issue?

ic5141

lxyangroc2000 said:

1. I can not install IC5141 USR4 in RHEL 5. Clicking setup.sh, the screen just springed a window and then disappeared.

2. USR4 can be installed in RHEL 4.4. But the match window can not appear in simulation although I had press the radio button for match option in the artist
simulation window. When simulating, the message, " Kill prior match process...."

IC5141 was designed to work for LINUX RHEL 2.1 not RHEL 5 !

rhel5 ic5141

Maybe the version of tar is too high
you can try to relace tar with tar-1.3

cadence rhel5

How about the second issue?
I can not find the solution.
Google can not find the similar question.

cadence on core2duo

This is due to the problem of using different threads mechanism on RHEL 5 and IC5141. Generally speaking, the thread mechanism which RHEL 5 uses is NPTL, but the IC5141 uses the old one : Linuxthreads. Any linux version based on glibc 2.4 or higher doesn't support linuxthreads any more, that is why you can't install IC5141 on RHEL 5 or FC5 6.

BTW, IC610 uses NPTL, it can be installed on RHEL 5.

:D

install ic5141 kernel_assum

Need to install MMSIM60

ic5141 linux

Should try on...LINUX RHEL 2.1.. i guess not sure ...:(

ic5141 rhel5

onyx said:
This is due to the problem of using different threads mechanism on RHEL 5 and IC5141. Generally speaking, the thread mechanism which RHEL 5 uses is NPTL, but the IC5141 uses the old one : Linuxthreads. Any linux version based on glibc 2.4 or higher doesn't support linuxthreads any more, that is why you can't install IC5141 on RHEL 5 or FC5 6.

Thanks! I heard that IC5141 usr4 supports NPTL.

cadence ic5141 usr4

You should install IC5141 USR4 in LINUX RHEL 2.1

cadence ic5141 on rhel

I have treied all systems. I can't install 5141 on RHEL5. You can use Linux AS4(change nothing) or SUSE 10.1(replace Tar an Sort by AS4 or Redhat 9.0). Then enjoy it!

cadence ic5141 for rhel5

i got similar problem.
I tried setup.sh of ic5033 in fodera 6.
system displayed :
"bad interpreter, permission denied".
Is it of the same problem?

nptl rhel5

I already met your problem. You can solve your problem by reinstall your Redhat Linux 5 and you name your computer name: localhost.localdomain
Don't put your static IP address and default gateway in your LAN card.
Best regards.

rhel5 + nptl linux threads

onyx said:

Dear Onyx,
can i use the softload installer of IC6.1 to install from IC5141 USR4 CD media? i do not want to install from tarball.
can you please tell me a method to install IC5141 on RHEL5?
i have to use RHEL5 as my PC is Core2DUO with intel 965 Motherboard. old RHEL do not recognize it.

Please Help
Thanks
hock

install ic5141 usr4

lxyangroc2000 said:

Hi
First you need to set your .bashrc to assume the kernel to early version like 2.4.1
by adding LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1.
also u need to install a older version of the tarball like 1.3 or earlier.

cheers

ld_assume_kernel + rhel5 + nptl

Thanks!
I have installed IC5141USR4 in RHEL 4.4.

About the second issue,

hspice200409 is ok. (Use hspiceS in CDS mixed-signal

environment)

So I think the issue is the compatible problem of
Hspice200603.

When the installation of Hspice200603 was ended,

A message appeared:
HSPICE installing succeed.
It is safe to ignore the following Installer error message:
ERROR: Failed to execute <installdir>/bin/config

I can not solve this problem.

Status