Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC5033 on fedora 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

dac5bits

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence ic5033 fedora

Hi, sorry for being naive here but will Cadence IC5033 work on a newer fedora version such as fedora 9?

I'm new to the Linux world and not sure if Cadence IC5033 will work on different Linux versions, so I dont want to spend time installing stuff that simply wont work.

Have considered using the old redhat versions such as 7.2 or 8 or 9 but obviously a newer fedora version such as fedora 9 would be desirable since my machine is quite new.

Thanks for looking and hopefully helping.

dac

cadence fedora 9

NO, or it will work with a lot of error or modification needed.. so dont give urself a headache and just use RHEL or Centos or those which r certified.
one reason is the TAR has new version on Fedora 9 which is not compatible.
KErnel Version is high !
its good to know that IC5033 is very old one. may be you can run IC610 (which i didnt try on fedora ).

cheers

dac5bits

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
fedora cadence

you can try it on rhel or scientific linux. i have posted the full information and give it a try.
why u want to use the old version?
one more option is to tar the setup from old machine and explode it on new one. take care of links during taring.
hock

Thanks for all the replies they have been quite helpfull.

I will steer clear of that combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.