Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
I believe I have installed it correctly cause it went through the entire installation no problem.
I have problems setting up the variables. I don't really know how to do it. I entered the variables in CSH (cshell) manually. But I had problem with running the license file.
So first it takes me few times until I put the variable each time so I wonder how to make it automatically when I log on as root.
I have difficulties installing IC5 on Linux 7.3. Can anyone tell me how to setup the environment variables that they will load up automatically?
The environments I set for running IC5 are
1. CDS_LIC_FILE, which points to the license file containing IC5 features;
2. CDSDIR, which points to <$cds_inst_dir>/tools (u need to "ln -s tools.lnx86 tools" first);
3. CDS_INSTALL_DIR, which is set to $CDSDIR/dfII;
4. PATH, add $CDSDIR/bin and $CDS_INSTALL_DIR/bin to search path; finally,
5. LD_LIBRARY_PATH, add $CDSDIR/lib