Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC tools (library )

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_kuty

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am new designer with cadence IC tools, My question is (How can i add new model (like nmos4 and pmos4) to my library tsmc13rf

If these models are not from that foundry*flow then they ought
to use the analogLib primitives and you specify the model path
to suit yourself. TSMC surely doesn't want to know about your
provate models.

If these models are not from that foundry*flow then they ought
to use the analogLib primitives and you specify the model path
to suit yourself. TSMC surely doesn't want to know about your
provate models.

thank you dick_freebird for reply
can you explain to me more?

can you explain to me more?

I think this means:

a) If you want your design to be produced by TSMC, use their models, and nothing else.

b) If you just want to simulate your design, you should refer the additional models to the Cādence analogLib primitive models.

Reactions: bll_hb

bll_hb

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can't add anything to technology library, because any PDK does not let it happen. They are in READ-ONLY mode. Every device in tech library (in this case tsmc13rf) are characterized by FAB. If you want to just use a transistor model you can use analogLib elements. But these are not real elements hence these cannot be produced. They can be only simulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back