Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadence ic remote acess issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

asueee0

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I remotely acess cadence IC5141, and tried the following two programs respectively:

exceed 10: this is the best to use, but unfortunately, the transfer speed is very slow

VNC (www.realvnc.com ): this is not as convenient as exceed, however, the transfer speed is fast enough .

there are some setup in exceed, but i still could not boost the speed after configuration, I believe there should be some way to boost the speed so that it can be as fast as using vcn, looking for help, by the way, i have dsl which is 1.5mbps (actual speed is 1.35mbps)

Our company have made a comparison of access speed to the Virtuoso Layout on a Sun Blade

W2k XWin32
W2k XManager
W2k Exceed 9.0
W2k RealVNC
Linux@PC rlogin & Display Redirection
Solaris@SUN rlogin & Display Redirection

If the remote was a W2k-PC Exceed was the fastest. RealVNC the slowest. Exceed is already faster than a Linux client. But the fastest was a Solaris at SUN Ultra as a client. There is no noticeable difference to a local SUN Blade.

A similar effect could possible be exist with Linux-Linux

for i know exceed is good, or you can try xwin32. vnc is free.

Our company use exceed 11.0,and it is very fast.
As far as i know,IC5141 have some different versions,the origin one is very fast,
but the others are very slow when you start a action firstly

Status
Not open for further replies.