Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC 5 on Redhat WS/AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gezzas525

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone tried the Cadence IC 5 on these OS's, Iam think whether these will be a better choice than mandrake 9.2 as I havent tried IC 5 on that yet.

gezzas525 said:
Has anyone tried the Cadence IC 5 on these OS's, Iam think whether these will be a better choice than mandrake 9.2 as I havent tried IC 5 on that yet.

Cadence IC5 are compiled with RH 7.3. Don't you read the release note?

But WS/AS should work since they have been tested and cetified with other EDA tools.

I have tried to install IC 5 in mandrake 9.2 , but it failed, because IC 5 need csh shell to be installed, mandrake 9.2 only have bash shell.

I have tried IC-5 on mandrake 9.2 it seems i can able to open ciw window.

for csh shell type csh at bash cell and you will be in c-shell

also you can set preferences in .cshrc.

bye
ue

ue said:
I have tried IC-5 on mandrake 9.2 it seems i can able to open ciw window.

for csh shell type csh at bash cell and you will be in c-shell

also you can set preferences in .cshrc.

bye
ue

I can confirm: Cadence IC 5.0 works fine with Mandrake 9.2 DVD Powerpack. You can find it on eMule.

Regards,
The Dock

OK guys, so I shouldnt have any problems running IC5 on mandrake 9.2 PP. Can evryone confirm that everything is working i.e. layout, schematic, simulation using spectre and also using the Cadence (CDSK)design kit models for simulating.

TheDock said:
I can confirm: Cadence IC 5.0 works fine with Mandrake 9.2 DVD Powerpack. You can find it on eMule.

Regards,
The Dock

How can you confirm? A EDA software is validated by a few dozen of testcases. When you fire up a program and it execute doesn't mean it work fine. The IC5 was design to work with RH7.3, it may work with other Linux version, but don't take risk.

Maria is right, however RH 7.3 doesnt run on the latest H/W this is assumming you actually find drivers for your H/W. If you dont want to take risks you have two choices:

1) RUN RH7.3 on older H/W
2) RUN RH7.3 on a Virtual Machine using later H/W.

Option 2 IMO is perfect as using say VMWARE 4 for example will make your H/W compatile through an abtraction/emulation layer or whatever they call it. Dont mistake VMWARE to be slow ive tried Mandrake 9.2 and its pretty quick(faster than virtual PC, its not an emulator), just make sure you have alot of RAM and a fast CPU.

Iam about to get a laptop HP ZD7000 and its imposible to run RH7.3 so I can either use the virtual machine or an upto date LINUX such as mandrake 9.2. I shall post my results here if anyone is interested.

KLEO

Status
Not open for further replies.