Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Genus, get instance name

krippkrupp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm currently writing a synthesis and PNR flow in Cadence Genus. I want as much as possible to be automatic.
Hence I'm trying to figure out how what command to use in order to return a list of instance names that mach a string.
From the documentation, there are several commands that I feel could be used, however I'm getting none of them to work quite correct.
For example, I want to be able to get all instances which contain the string mem.
Some of the commands in the documentation for Genus 18.10 does not seem to working. For example "get_references" returns "invalid command name 'get_references' ".

The command get_cells should return should return the full path to a list of instances.
I've tried different combinations of commands like
get_cells -filter "name=~*mem*", but none seem to be returning the instances I'm interrested in.

Does anyone have any ideas of which command I could be using in order to achieve this?
--- Updated ---

Found a command that achieved what I've been trying to do.
dbGet top.insts.name *mem*
Returns
Code:
inst_top_name/inst_comp_name/instance_mem_1
inst_top_name/inst_comp_name/instance_mem_2
inst_top_name/inst_comp_name/instance_mem_3

Last edited:
dbGet is the preferred way to go and it is interoperable with Innovus. with that command and a bit of TCL scripting, you can make it rain.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back