Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence error under Open SUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firas

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
failed to get the mps handle

Hello Friends,

I use Cadence Virtuoso 5.410 under Open SUSE 10.3. When I start a simulation, the curve does not appear and I find this error:

*Error* Failed to get the MPS handle.
*WARNING* aaTriggerEvent2: error calling (lambda((_simID status) _sevAfterSimulationWrapper('sevSession2 status)) t (stdobj@0xbb5ad08 nil nil)) ("funcall" 0 t nil ("*Error* funcall: argument #1 should be a function object or name (type template = \"ug\")" nil))

please can any one help me,

Thanks

cadence mps handle

please use RHEL 3 or 4 but not Open SUSE

failed to get mps handle

I posted this in another topic of the same board, but you seem to have
the same problem so I post this here, too.

For me it was a java related error, and it took me a while to find it out.
In the file ic610/tools/dfII/bin/viva
there is a line:
MAXHEAP=-Xmx${CDS_WAVESCAN_MAXHEAP:=1024M}

So when ViVa starts, it tries to allocate 1024MB memory space.
If that amount is not available, the java VM is not created and the
error you describe pops up.

To solve the problem I just changed the requested amount to 256MB
and it just worked.

I don't know if you have the same problem I had, but if the above solved
it, let me know.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

hi, i have this same problem...but i try to solve it...but i don't have the file VIVA....:(( help me!!!! please..:(((((

in wavescan such line exist.
but in my case (CentOS 4.5 and IC5141)
changing MAXHEAP variable did not solve the problem.
Any comments?

@Firas
That most probably is a java problem, the thing is that ic5 comes with and tries to use its own java, the problem is that it is a very old version and it "explodes" with newer OSes.

In this case the solution I've found is to install the latest jre from sun (with your package manager preferably) and then go to the ic5 directory and change the jre link to point to the system java. However like edacw1 says it is preferable to use RHEL 3 or 4 (or centos) because it can save you from lots of problems.

@trurle
It should work fine with centos 4, I'm now using centos 4 and ic5 as well as many other programs and all work just fine without any changes (except the help of ic5, but thats a whole other story).

If you don't have enough ram in your system and you still have free slots then do buy more ram, very soon you will be glad you did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.