Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CADENCE ENCOUNTER TUTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

indranilh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence encounter tutorial

Here is the cadence tutorial.please reply me your valuable comment.

Attachments

• cadencetute_3313.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 1,000
  • tut5-enc_7078.pdf
    341.2 KB · Views: 420

cadence encounter

indranilh said:
Here is the cadence tutorial.please reply me your valuable comment.

Hi,

at first I want to thank you as well that you made public your work. I didn't go in details because lack of time so just which I noticed[I assume this has been made for students]:

In the cadence tutorial there is no spacing between text and image at Fig. 1., Fig. 5, Fig. 6 and there is a misstyping right before the Fig. 4. "Attaché..."

The encounter tutorial is also seems to be a well organized, complete document. Here just some remarks, maybe helpful, maybe not. If you talk about layers, the names used in the design documents would be more advantageous. So for an example not "metal 1, metal 2, ..." but "MET1, MET2, ..." . And I think the quality of the images are in sharp contrast with the good quality of your LaTeX document. Try to avoid to use Microsoft Paint, if you did that.

This is what I noticed in 5-6 minutes.!

Krivan

tutorial soc encounter 7.1

nice tutorial on both digital and analog.
i would like to see following things to be added up.

please implement it using NCSU CDK so that every one can use the tutorial.for digital design you can use OSU Digital CDK. also please upload the course material like the vhdl or verilog code used in the design along with the scripts.

just remember even if in the first run the students do not learn any thing by compiling the demo design, they will still learn how to use the tool and also they will know the tool is configured properly.

hoping to see analog layout, vcat autorouter tutorial from you.
also it would be nice if you do the tutorial for IUS simulation, RC synthesys, post synthesys simulation (i have not seen any tutorial on this one).

hock

Status
Not open for further replies.