Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Annotation Brower illegal weak connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgk2004

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am designing in TSMC 90nm and have a question about blinking blocks in my layout.

I have opened up the annotation browser and it says I have weak illegal connections. But I am DRC and LVS clean and can generate a parasitic extraction with no problems. My extractions also simulate perfectly in my toplevel.

But do I need to worry about this errors from the annotation browser? I would think DRC is all I need!

The errors are coming from my MIM caps. The Mim caps top metal are in M8 and I am just connecting to the correct area and viaing down to M2 or M3 or M4. I also using between 4 to 10 vias so its not like I am not using enough...

Any help would be great!

Thanks

JGK

I am still looking for any info on these illegal connections.... I did tapout the chip and it functions correctly. I would just like to know why this "browser" is showing Illegal connections....... Does anyone in industry use this damn thing?

Thanks
JGK

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back