Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence AMS - connect rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

atamez

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
amsconnectlibcompile

update - i found the library connect_lib and amsConnectLibCompile, and I believe I have installed the new library correctly.

However, now during elaboration I get the following error:

ncelab: *E,CUVNCM (../SAR_cap_array/test_adc_ahdl/schematic/verilog.vams,91|57): No connection module found:Need an input port of discrete discipline logic, and an output port
of continuous discipline voltage.

sample_out ), .vrefpcontp( vrefpcontp[11:0] ), .dout( dout[11:0] ) );

In the elaboration options I have tried connectrules module 'mixedsignal' and 'connrules_18V_basic'. Each of these modules declares an elect2logic, logic2elec, and bidir connect rule - so I do not understand why the elaborator is unable to work.

I can post the connect modules if necessary, but they are the ones that came with the kit - $LDV_DIR/tools/affirma_ams/etc/connect_lib

Still will appreciate any input however. Thanks!

verilog.vams

I had same problem when I studied ams-simulation with ams-designer. I don't know correct solution till, but i did so.
1. Create lib, ex. "amsLib"
2. Create cellviews for e2l and l2e connect modules in the lib ("symbol" and "verilogams" views)
3. Create cellview for connect rules module in the lib ( "verilogams" view). Name it as 'mixedsignal'
4. Give link to 'mixedsignal' in elaborator

Good luck

Reactions: horzon

horzon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
cadence ams tutorial

Thanks for your input. I did find the connect library and was able to compile it. It was in $LDV_INST_DIR/tools/affirma_ams/etc.

My question now is in regards to compiled verilog-ams code. There are some standard digital cells that came with my kit, and I was using their cmos_sch views in spectre. During netlisting AMS created verilog.vams views for these cells.

Now during elaboration I'm getting errors (see original message), and it doesn't like the transistor instances. So, my question is, in verilog-ams what is the correct way to instantiate MOS devices?

verilog-ams library_binding

I don't remember. U can look for Cadence documentation (for ex. verilogamsref).

discrete discipline logic cadence

DenisMark said:
I don't remember. U can look for Cadence documentation (for ex. verilogamsref).

I've been wandering through the cadence documentation (cdsdoc) for a while, but just can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I've also been following the AMS tutorial with limited success. Thanks though for your reply.

ncelab e cuvncm

Try type "nchelp ncelab SPPBYN" in console for detailed help. (I try it, but it isn't work in LDV5.0).

atamez

ams compile connect rule

DenisMark said:
Try type "nchelp ncelab SPPBYN" in console for detailed help. (I try it, but it isn't work in LDV5.0).

Now I think we're getting somewhere

[ 182 ] % -: nchelp ncelab SPPBYN
nchelp: 05.40-p004: (c) Copyright 1995-2004 Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
ncelab/SPPBYN =
Spectre and spice primitives may only have ports connected by order.

Ok, so in short if my MOS device has four ports (g, s, d, b) I need to create instantiations without the .g(x) .s(y) .d(z) .b(/gnd!) convention. I will search for a netlisting or compilation option that describes this.

Thanks!

connect rules in verilog

I use IC5.1.41 & LDV5.0, part of netlist for primitives looks like
resistor #(.r(1K)) (* integer library_binding = "analogLib"; *) R0
( NETZ9, cds_globals.\gnd! );
I don't know where u can change netlister options (u have newer version i see). Verify CDF properties of instances from "cmos090" lib, may it helps u.

atamez

can you say clearly about the correct way to instantiate MOS devices??atamez??thanks

Re: cadence ams tutorial

atamez said:
So, my question is, in verilog-ams what is the correct way to instantiate MOS devices?
do you have more idea about this question?your sharing will be apprieated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back