Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence 5.0 Installation on Linux 7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voldemort

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am having some problems when I install Cadence 5.0 on Redhat 7.3
This is what happens.

1. I start the installation by running ./setup.sh.
2. It asks for the directory and all that goes well and then "softload" starts.
3. I choose "Cadence Catalog" for the installation type because the dept has a license server for cadence.
4. The program successfully instals and I am able to list all the modules that were installed.
5. The problem arises when I try to configure the install. The option is greyed out !

My questions is how do I setup the license information for the install and tell the program to look at some port@license.server.com so that when the setup utility (Softload) starts I can start confiuguring it..

Thanks

Voldemort

first install ok
to ../share/license run rc.add will gen rc.lic
and run lic-config can config you auto active license

alcohol

Hi Alcohol,

I was able to get all the paths and license setup. The problem I am having now is that cadence starts up ..shows the splash screen... the icw starts and then hangs.
There is no information in the CDS.log file. Do I have to downgrade to 7.2 to get it to work ?

Thanks for you help

Voldemort

Voldemort said:
Hi,
I am having some problems when I install Cadence 5.0 on Redhat 7.3
This is what happens.

1. I start the installation by running ./setup.sh.
2. It asks for the directory and all that goes well and then "softload" starts.
3. I choose "Cadence Catalog" for the installation type because the dept has a license server for cadence.
4. The program successfully instals and I am able to list all the modules that were installed.
5. The problem arises when I try to configure the install. The option is greyed out !

My questions is how do I setup the license information for the install and tell the program to look at some port@license.server.com so that when the setup utility (Softload) starts I can start confiuguring it..

Thanks

Voldemort

in your .cshrc file in clude:
setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE port@license.server.com

Status
Not open for further replies.