Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cable connectors help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlingo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I am making a project of which has a 400mm x 400mm x 100mm adaptable box that has 16 cables going into it of which are 0.5mm 2 core or 0.75mm 3 core...the 3 core flex's are 230V mains cables with a max load of 5 amps. Im looking to redesign the whole thing so it can be unassembled easier and assembled and at the moment I have 16 cables going into the box inside compression glands.

I am looking to cut the cables a few inches from the entrance to the box, leave the glands on and put inline connectors on but using something like the below 16 times will not look good..

v66luc.jpg

I could redesign and build the box again but it would be to time consuming

With that many leads and that size box, I'm not sure you have a choice. Do the leads distribute out to various locations or do they connect to one central location?

With that many leads and that size box, I'm not sure you have a choice. Do the leads distribute out to various locations or do they connect to one central location?

All the leads go out to different pieces of equipment so I suppose like you say the only option is 5A cable connectors

Yes, it looks like you stuck with some sort of connector. The ones you have chosen look industrial and weather resistant, which is want you want.

There are other connectors available in that category, but unless you are unhappy with these particular units, why switch.

BigDog

Im now thinking of cutting in 16 x IEC connectors and putting the female plugs on the end of the flex's...a 10+ amp kettle lead is way to big though...I would have to take out the 7 x 20mm flex glands and hopefully the sockets I cut in will cover the wholes...some kind of IEC type kettle lead that fits into a 20mm round hole would be very handy...then i just have to use a 20mm hole cutter, push them in and screw a couple of nuts and bolts on each one...if i went for push fits im not sure if the thickness of the adaptable box would make a difference though (about 4mm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back