Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C6713 DSK, windows Vista, CCS 3.1 connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigreat

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vista ccs

HI, I just received the C6713 DSK, and I installed the CCS 3.1, drivers from the coming CD.

However, I connected the DSK board to my laptop (VISTA OS) via USB, and ran 6713 DSK Diagnostics Utility v3.1.

It said:

========================

Starting diagnostic test suite.

--> Running USB diagnostics.

Can't connect to target.
• ** Plug in power and USB cable.
• ** Can't run if Code Composer or Diagnostic already running.

Result> USB diagnostic fail

Stopping diagnostic suite.

=========================

What's wrong...?

Thank you!

c6713 dsk vista

there are many more reasons to occur such error ... kindly check ur usb cable and power first ... if step 1 is true then test ur dsp board on another pc ... if step2 is true ... check whether ccs is installed properly on ur pc.

ccs 3.1 vista

Hi,

I have the same problem. In fact, my DSK is working properly with P4 computer; but the problem is with the Core (2) Duo computers, whether the OS is XP or Vista.

I think we have to ask TI about this problem.

Regards,

Dr. Ahmed

ccs vista

Hi,

I made it works on Vista (core 2).

Very simple, just run the driver and CSS in compatible model.

ahmedseu,
I'm actually a starter of C6713, and I need to use it for a school's project. If I meet some problems, may i contact you?

Thank you

texas instruments code composer studio 6713 vista

Hi,

I hope you would tell me how to run the driver and CSS in compatible model?

Best Rregards
Ahmed

Re: ccs vista

Hi,

I made it works on Vista (core 2).

Very simple, just run the driver and CSS in compatible model.

ahmedseu,
I'm actually a starter of C6713, and I need to use it for a school's project. If I meet some problems, may i contact you?

Thank you

Hi bigreat, I know it's a very old thread but I am experiencing the similar problem now. I tried to install both in compatible mode already, and thankfully I can make the diagnostic tool work.

However I couldn't make the CCS works. Is it true that we have to uninstall it thoroughly and get a fresh installation first to get it works?

Thanks a bunch! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.