Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C-V current of reverse biased diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasef1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I added a circuit that adds AC signal with Magnitude of 25 mV a variable DC signal between 0 to 5 using with op amp, and applied to a diode. I will measure the AC current through the diode with a lock in amplifier. I will use lock in amplifier built in function generator and auxillary output port behind it. From this experimental setup how can I measure C-V current of a reverse biased diode.

If you are applying an AC signal then you need an oscilloscope to observe waveforms.

You can set the trace to start a sweep when triggered by an external signal as you apply it to the diode.

Or you can set the beam to show X/Y display. It will automatically create a graph-like display of the signal coming to the vertical input, versus the signal coming to the horizontal input.

Does your diode have a reverse V rating of 50V or higher? You may not read anything if you apply 5V reverse bias, not even a microamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back