Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C Programming for Cortex & Cypress microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPattabi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

All these days I was using Atmel 8051 family controllers with assmbly language.

Nut now I want to migrate to NXP-Cortex and Cypress PSoC microcontrollers. But I am not familiar with C/C++ language. Could anyone guide me in getting a quick knowledge in C.

Thanks

Pat

Hi All,

All these days I was using Atmel 8051 family controllers with assmbly language.

Nut now I want to migrate to NXP-Cortex and Cypress PSoC microcontrollers. But I am not familiar with C/C++ language. Could anyone guide me in getting a quick knowledge in C.

Thanks

Pat

Hi Pat,
learning C/C++ is one thing - while getting up and running with PSoC is another thing. For learning C you can download a book called "Programming Embedded Systems in C and C++"
You can run a system with PSoC, using the APIs without having C-knowledge but it helps tremendously to know "C" when you want to create your own more sophisticated programs and need to do more than what has been provided through the numerous components provided by Cypress.

To get more information while smiling how it is presented, check out PSoC Today!

Have fun in the world of high level languages where things get done faster.
p.s. you might want to focus on C rather than C++ if you are targeting internal flash memories as C++ eats your memory faster than you can buy it.

Bob

I think before you start learn C++ Programming, you should read "Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with Applications" by Booch. Its very good book to change your way of thinking.
In the Second Edition of his award-winning book, Grady Booch draws upon the rich and varied results of the hundreds of projects which have applied the notation and method presented in the First Edition to offer improved methods for object development-including a unified notation. The winner of the Jolt Cola book award in both editions, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with Applications has been a major force in moving object technology into the mainstream of software development. With numerous examples, now implemented in C++, the Second Edition illustrates essential concepts, explains the method, and shows successful applications in a variety of fields. It also offers pragmatic advice on a variety of issues-including classification, implementation strategies, and cost-effective project management

Forgot an important source for information on the Cypress website. The Cypress forum is host to many Cypress PSoC users and a small number of experts on Cypress PSoC devices. Check it out and ask a question, usually answers come pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.