Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

c program for interfacing more then one controller using rs-485

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish13

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am interfacing four 8051 micro controllers using rs 485 protocol, with one as a master while other as slave.I am using max-485 for serial communication.I want to send data to a particular slave,remining other idle.Can any one tell me how to select a particular controller in program

Yes, you can use seperate address for all slaves. Connect all microcontrollers parallel using RS485. It would be efficient if you use modbus protocol.

i am giving different addresses for different controllers,but when i compile my program it show error. i am usin saadr and saden register for addresing controllerrs. but keil is not identifying them. can u teell me other way to do this

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

do not be lazy. use google.

i m not lazy.i have tried everything i can....if u can't help don't say this.

Sorry for late reply, busy with work. Just to conform, in your application you just want to send data to a particular slave one by one? If that is the case we dont require to use I2C communication we can simply do it by building a normal protocol for communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.