Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C Language ==> hex file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kseng2002

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anyone tell me is there any software can transfer C language to hex file ?

Can give me some advice ? Thx ~!!! :D

For what CPU???

Basically it works that a compiler generates assembler output from your C file and it is passed to the assembler and finally to the linker which output the format yo tell him (bin, shex, i-hex etc..)

Actually i wan use C language to write the programme for PIC & i heard that is some software can traslate C language to hex file,right ?

Correct me if there is no such software. Thx ! :eek:

You post in the wrong forum here...

Search in "Microcontroller" section for PIC compiler and you will end up with heaps of information and links...

in general, compilers generate object files, the linker takes the object files, links them together and generates the final output file. So hex or bin or other file types are linker options, not compiler.

If U have the .hex file generated by compiler, use an "hex to bin" program to convert to .bin

Those hex 2 bin programs are small utiliies programs, avaiable for free from Internet (just Google for hex2bin.exe)

If you want to have a program that can compose C code and convert to hex file. You can use Provier 32 or Keil. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back