Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C Compiler for Atmega8515

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartsarath2003

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
c complier for atmega8515

Hai,
I am a newbie with little experience of Atmel AVR's. So far I only worked out with assembler and a very little exp. of WINAVR. I am developing test module and I wan to use proffessional C-compiler.

One of the problems I had with winavr in the past is lack of documentation and built-in functions. Because I want to make the code re-usable to many test modules,I prefer to use a good c-compiler with debugging options.

Can any one suggest me a nice c-compiler that can be used with AVR's.
8O
Thanks
Smartsarath2003

atmega8515 projects

what dont you find in avrlib are available in others ?
**broken link removed**

atmega8515 studio 4

Hi,
Best c complier for Avr is Iar Embedded Workbench Pro For Atmel Avr.
www.iar.com. Price is about 3000$US

avr gcc for atmega8515

what dont you find in avrlib are available in others ?
h**p://hubbard.engr.scu.edu/embedded/avr/avrlib/

I did downloaded AVRLIB. It looks like it works like a function library header only from another application

it contains headers and source files together . Look either for installation instruction or when using functions from library simply add header and source files to your projects .

avrlib is written for winavr (avr gcc) . But you can adapt it to any compiler .

Status
Not open for further replies.