Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] buzzer problems & 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

punisherzz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all,

i have implemented the given circuit , in hardware and software, the 8051 code is simple i give a pulse of 0.5s at pin 2.0. Neither the hardware nor the software is working :???: :sad:, i have attached the Proteus design. please tell me why buzzer does not give a beep whereas the LED does, is the current low or what.
and recommend a possible solution.

regards.

PS: there is no problem with the buzzer, i checked by connecting it to the Vcc of my real cct , it works at 38mA , my transistor Beta is 130. Ib=25uA. Ic=2.2mA. Ie=2.16mA (real circuit).

Attachments

• low pulse.png
    low pulse.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 113
  • high pulse.jpg
    high pulse.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

I think the problem is with the Reset, you cannot always connect the reset to ground via pull-down. You need to put in a reset switch. Since the uC has its reset pin low when power-up, it will not be in a good known state and so it will not function properly. After power-up, you need to apply reset by driving the reset pin high for some time and then de-assert it by driving it low. This will put all the memories, statemachines, and logic in the uC to the IDLE state and the uC will start up correctly.

I suggest you try reseting the uC after you power-up the ckt and then check if it works.

Hi,

Just increase the reset period by changing the capacitor 10uf instead of Capacitor 1uf. This may work. To be safe, i will design my power on reset circuitry for 500ms.

@vlsi_whiz and prakashvannugopal, i forgot to change the reset circuitry in the proteus design, im sorry abt it, but when i implemented the hardware, i placed same (exact) circuit with momentary switch and 10uF capacitor as given in mazidi book and it works fine in hardware, i have tested it. so the problem doesnt lie in reset circuitry, there is some problem with the BJT design.
PS: also changed the uC, but no help.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

thanks for the guide, ill try it.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

just needed the pullup resister of 4.7k from Vcc to supply enough current to base, so that BJT goes in saturation thus providing the current to the buzzer. thanks all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.