Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

burning hex file into pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi can i burn hex file created by other complier into pic by using pickit2 clone are in other words can i burn hex file directely into pic using pickit2 clone programmer please help me . in mplab i cannot burn other hex file directely into the chip i used inch worm programmer. it is possible to burn other hex file created by some compliers to chip . please any one tell me . if possible give me the link whear i can get usb pic programmer shematic and soft ware i want to make my own programmer please help.

Hi,

If I follow your post you are saying you cannot program a Pic with the Inchworm from Mplab - correct ?
If so, why not -what is going wrong ?

The Inchworm is a clone of Microchips ICD2 programmer /debugger so you select ICD2 from the programmer or debugger menus in MPlab.
Check out Bluerooms site for details of how to use it.

The Pickit2 / clone runs fine from MPlab, it also has its own stand alone program V2.61 which allows you to Import .hex files directly without Mplab.

Just search this forum for the many many entries for a Pickit2 clone.
You will also see Pickit2 Lite plans from Blueroom the makers of the Inchworm, versions with pcb are also around.

some compilers add a text to the hex file ,that won't support by some programmers( give error while open hex file ) , open your hex file and check and text starting with ; it found remove the line and try

Once you get the .hex file from any compiler, you should be able to program the PIC with that hex file through any programmer unless some extra information is added by the compiler as mentioned by "rajudp". PICkit2 lite which is a clone of the original pickit2, is tried and trusted worldwide which is freely available with all details on EDA forum.
Here is the schematic, PCB layout and codes required to make a PIckit2 clone

This thread with 11 pages too may help you.
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/118478/

Hi friend,

If you have MPLAB IDE and PICkit2 clone, then
for burn hex file,
Open MPLAB IDE program with none project OR empty project,
Go to Configure Menu ==> Select Device... ==> Here select your Microcontroller
Go to Programmer Menu ==> Select Programmer ==> Here select your PICkit2
Go to File Menu ==> Import.... ==> Here select your Hex file
Then
Go to Programmer Menu ==> Program.

Hope this is help you
Shyam
INDIA

Can I repost your thread in other forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.