Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

burner for AT89C51 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanthyk192

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i just bought an AT89C51 along with a readymade development board.first i used a P89C51RD2 with the board to conform that the board was working.(i had a burner for this IC).then i used the atmel chip.i did'nt have a burner so i downloaded 2 burners.but both of them did'nt detect the chip.

does it require some kind of a bootloader?i'm sure the board is proper and so is the ic,because i bought 2 and both of them were not detected.

please help.thank you

89C51 can only programmed through parallel programmer. It dont have an ISP

Try 89S51 or 52 which has an isp

. If you are specific about 80c51 then there are many threads about this in this forum about your querry. please search for this solution

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

sorry 89c51,

89C51 can only programmed through parallel programmer. It dont have an ISP

Try 89S51 or 52 which has an isp

sure,i'll try the 89S51.is there a circuit for parallel programmer,that is verified to be working.if so please post it.

yes, im using it for long time

Here is the link for programmer **broken link removed**

hi, i just bought an AT89C51 along with a readymade development board.first i used a P89C51RD2 with the board to conform that the board was working
The 89C51 devlopment board may not be compatible with P89c51rd2 device. Consult the vendor where you purchased it. The programmer used for 89C51 or 89 series cannot program P89c51RD2 chip. Verify its working by using 89C or 89S chip.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back