Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Burned resistors and capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

randazzm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

I have 7 resistors and 1 capacitor that were burned on a circuit board. The resistors have been scorched to the point where I can't read the numbers, and the capacitor (all surface mount) had nothing on it to begin with.

Is there a way I can find out the resistance and capacitance? Measuring them doesn't seem to work very well, but then again, I have a cheap DMM.

Thanks!

hi dear,'
can yo please tell me about the ciruit its a opwer suppty or what and also the last and next parts

randazzm said:
Hey all,

I have 7 resistors and 1 capacitor that were burned on a circuit board. The resistors have been scorched to the point where I can't read the numbers, and the capacitor (all surface mount) had nothing on it to begin with.

Is there a way I can find out the resistance and capacitance? Measuring them doesn't seem to work very well, but then again, I have a cheap DMM.

Thanks!
The best (and probably the only) way would be to find schematic diagram of that circuit.

PLEASE... Give me the circuit diagram and i will give u the value of the resistors and the capacitors that u need

I don't have a schematic. Otherwise I would know what resistors they are...

It's an engraving machine that I'd rather not pay 1500 to repair and just do myself. Oh well, looks like I'll have to pony up the money, thanks though!

well you can request for schematics here

when even 1 resistor scorches

dont think to replace this part only

ever....

if it marked the pcb or even if you have a pcb that has gone a darker shade
in some areas when held to light

the pcb is f...ed and has already become a carbon resistor

my advice is to seek a unit replacement of the pcb

if the unit is quality
and you use it

then spend on it to get a worker

chances are your unit burned becouse of an emitter problem