Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building First Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTME=1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to start building a motherboard:idea:!
But i don't know where to start.
I found this link!
I know i need a PCB board, but i don't know much about them!
Can anyone tell me all i need to know about them to start:?:

I know about the other components.

And how can i setup the BIOS and a Logo at start up, or is it already on the chipset (If it is how can i change it?) :?:

Once i finished one, it's good and i want to sell it, does it have to be checked or something:?:

;-);-);-)

Last edited:

No offence, but this sounds a little like:
"I want to build a spacecraft and then sell it"

A modern motherboard is a complex high speed PCB circuit.
To design correctly, it requires good knowledge of digital/analog electronics, power and signal integrity.

Sounds like a that you are trying to overhalling a jet planewhile its flying.

Just enlage the pic and copy it!!!
Failing that buy one there is such a thing as a challenge and theres expensive time consuming stupidity. for the price of them you would NEVER be able to build one and sell it for the price the mass produced ones come out at ASUSspent millions developing there range over *** knows how many years.
Couple that withthe fact that when you purchasea MB now its out of date before you finish building the computer and the project is a non stsrter.

Sorry to sound so callus and negative but I think everyone here will agree one person couldnt develop a whole board it would take a team that can work together as one unit along with the fact of an in depth knolledge of high speed digital is required not a good idea. for someone that admits in first line "I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START" start with something simpler like a comunication sattelite

or a plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back