Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building AT89S52 serial programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_714

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at89s52 serial programmer

Hi All,

i would like to build a AT89S52 programmer for own use. I found a reference website showing a programmer with serial port.

**broken link removed**

Since, my laptop doesn;t have com port, then i try to use a USB-to-serial connecting wire and the USB head is plugged to my laptop. But, it doesn;t work.

Can you guys kindly explain the failure of detecting the programmer?

And if i really want to make a USB programmer, how should i modify the design?

Thanks in advanced.

Kit

at89s52 usb programmer

if your programmer works with serial port address, the usb to serial can not be used (because it just simulate the com port using driver) and you should use the com port driver ....

at89s52 usb

Thanks a lot!!

However, can anyone explain more since i still have confusions...

Now, my situation is ...

if using the com port to program the MCU..it must work...

However, when i try to use a serial-to-USB cable to connect the programmer and the program said that the programmer cannot be detected...

Can anyone further explain the reason of failure or suggest another way to achieve my goal....

Thanks in advanced.

Kit

serial device programmer for at89s52

hai

I had already completed the programmer and it works fine with usb=> rs232 convertor.

Please check your usb convertor

Regards
Nandhu

at89s52 programmer usb

Hi,

It sounds great!

However, i wanna clarify one more point...

shall i only need to install the USB-to-serial driver and then it would works fine?

or any other drivers need to install??

Thanks for your help!!

at89s52 programmer serial

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed information. I belive i can find the failure cause quickly under your help.

build usb programmer for atmel at89s52

there are some USB to RS232 converter thats can not work with this programmmer. Try to use other brand of USB to RS232 converter.

serial programmer for at89s52

True.
Some of the laptop has a lower voltage on the USB port, this makes the USB to RS232 converters not as stable as desktops. Also I don't know why some will work.

So do recommend try an additional USB gateway with external power supply whenever this kind of issue happens.

usb at89s52

check the asim khan prog it might be the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.