Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Building ARM-NONE-EABI toolchain

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanky07

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am trying to build arm-none-eabi tool chain to compile code for AEM7 lpc2148.

I followed the steps mentioned on the following link

https://imvoid.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/building-the-gnu-arm-toolchain-for-bare-metal/

But, when I entered
../../src/gcc-4.8.0/configure --target=arm-none-eabi --prefix=$MYTOOLS --enable-interwork --enable-multilib --enable-languages="c,c++" --with-newlib --with-headers=../../src/newlib-1.20.0/newlib/libc/include/ --with-system-zlib

I got an error. Please check attached image.

How to solve it. Did i miss something? How do I proceed to build arm-none-eabi successfully.

Attachments

• gcc_build_error.png
    gcc_build_error.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 115

Hello, i also had a big headache trying to make my toolchain for debian, in the end i just went here: https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded
I didnt compile anything, just take the binaries, place it in a folder and had that path into your ~/.bashrc file. You also need some dependencies.
In that link there is also a pdf explaining.
Probably is better to build it, but at least i got it working. Hope it helps.

Hello Ricardo,
Thank You for reply. I checked the link. I ll try building the toolchain. Is there any example code or some help for how to compile code for ARM?? Have you checked. I ll google it. But if you have any such material can you please share...
Thanks in advance...

As suggested by gcc itself..did you try --with-gmp ,--with-mpfr options???
you may also consider renaming the gmp and mpfr folders followed by their version number to(gmp-4.20 for eg.)

Here's one link.
**broken link removed**

I haven't tried it myself though,hope it helps

Hello Ricardo,
Thank You for reply. I checked the link. I ll try building the toolchain. Is there any example code or some help for how to compile code for ARM?? Have you checked. I ll google it. But if you have any such material can you please share...
Thanks in advance...

Like ive said, you dont even need to build anything just download binaries and untar it into your ~/home/yourname/ , and then put the following into your ~/.bashrc
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/home/yourname/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2013q4/bin/
, in the end of the file.
Before all of this you need to make sure you have installed with aptitude the package binutils. There is also a pdf with explanations on that website.
When ALL is finished reboot, and then type in the command arm-none-eabi-gcc --version.

Hey sorry for late replies!!
I tried for it on fedora.worked for me
I have never done it with newlib
../../src/gcc-4.8.0/configure --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --prefix=$MYTOOLS --enable-interwork --disable-multilib --enable-languages="c" --with-glibc --diable-nls --disable-shared --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-headers=$(MYTOOLS)/include --with-gmp=$(pwd)/gmp

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Hi roll no three

thanks for the reply i am using ubuntu 12.04 i'll check whether it works for ubuntu and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.