Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

building a solid state phase converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

optionfa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings all,

I am a new member to the forum currently working on a phase converter project for one of my 4th year classes.

What I hope to accomplish is a single phase 120Vac input 3phase 60hz 208l-l output 1kVA phase converter.

The topography I have already designed (and submitted as a proposal so the specs have to remain fairly similar), is a rectifier circuit providing a DC bus voltage of 24VDC coupled to a three phase inverter composed of a three phase IGBT bridge.

**broken link removed**

I plan on constructing a similar inverter circuit as the picture above, but rather then use MOSFET switches I plan to use the HGTP12N60B3D IGBT instead. The entire process is still very preliminary as I have yet to purchase any components.

Now, my expertise is more in the field of power engineering then electronics and I will need a lot of help if I hope to successfully put together this converter and I am hoping to get in contact with someone who has some experience with building phase converters, or three phase inverters. Particularly the gate drive switching (I plan to use the IR21362 gate drive chip but DSP programing to input the chip is beyond me).

I would greatly appreciate any input on what I need to consider before taking on this project, any literature I can read or available documentation on similar units would be a huge help.

Cheers,
Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.